The unapologetic, raw, unedited interpretation of living life. Each of us is the artist of our own life, constantly remolding, reworking, and roughing out the details and applying what we've learned to the changing canvas. There are no do-overs, no take backs...just rough cuts that release what lies inside us.

I saw the angel in stone and I carved until I set him free. - Michelangelo

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Birthday Wish

A funny thing about birthdays, they still contain 24 hours, the kids still go to school, and work doesn't take a break, however on one day every year I take a moment to reflect on my life.  As birthdays pass, I become more accutely aware of how my Birthday Wish changes and what I consider to be "a great birthday".  When I was five, a Happy Meal with Ronald McDonald and a free ice cream ranked number 1 and Barbie in a bright pink box wrapped in a big bow equated rock star status by my standards.


The years change us, they open our hearts to what really matters. Today, I realize I am the richest woman on earth because I am loved.  From handmade cards to wildflowers, balloons and sharing the evening with close friends to calls from across the miles, texts and facebook posts to homemade guacamole and banana cupcakes.  I am truly beyond blessed and by the grace of God, my life contains More than Enough of the good stuff and my cup overflows with gratitude for the people in my life.

 

There is no greater gift than to love and be loved in return.

Think Better. Feel Better. Live Better.

No comments: