The unapologetic, raw, unedited interpretation of living life. Each of us is the artist of our own life, constantly remolding, reworking, and roughing out the details and applying what we've learned to the changing canvas. There are no do-overs, no take backs...just rough cuts that release what lies inside us.

I saw the angel in stone and I carved until I set him free. - Michelangelo

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What Preceeds Greatness?

"Have an Attitude of Gratitude"

I am not really sure where I first heard this, but it serves as a daily reminder above all else, to first be thankful.  In light of post Thanksgiving hoopla, this phrase urges me to use this space today for reflection.

If we are to pursue Greatness in this life, we must first learn to give thanks.  Humility opens our heart and mind to awareness and from awareness, we are able to see what needs to be done and have the courage to see it through.

I am THANKFUL for the opportunities placed in my life, perfectly arranged by a God of mercy and grace.  Many of those opportunities came with a call to action, a RISK.  I am thankful for the trust I placed in love outside myself to pursue them with purpose.  Where I am today, the people and situations which surround me are a result of taking leaps of faith, some of those quite substantial.  We are promised when we follow what we know to be right and good, we will see reward far greater than we imagine.  For this promise, I am eternally grateful.

I am THANKFUL for my family and friends, for those who support and encourage my efforts as I pursue my dreams.  I learn my hardest lessons and feel the greatest joy within the comfort of my own home.  There has never been a time in my life when I have felt a greater sense of belonging, acceptance, and genuine love than in this moment.  I cherish my children and husband as we journey together in this life.  They are treasures worth more than gold.

I am THANKFUL for the ability, gifts, and awareness uniquely given to me to make an impact in this world.  For having seen parts of this world and only knowing a taste of the struggles, pain, and horrific conditions under which most of our world lives.  I am grateful for those experiences, for they remind me every day there is more to do than what I am doing, there is more to know than what I am learning, and there is far more to see than what my eyes have seen.  I am reminded to stay focused and diligent so in time I am able to, in some small way, make a difference.

What are you thankful for today?  What grounds you and reminds you you are perfectly positioned to make a difference? 

No comments: