The unapologetic, raw, unedited interpretation of living life. Each of us is the artist of our own life, constantly remolding, reworking, and roughing out the details and applying what we've learned to the changing canvas. There are no do-overs, no take backs...just rough cuts that release what lies inside us.

I saw the angel in stone and I carved until I set him free. - Michelangelo

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Passion in the Process

No matter what steps of improvement I have tried to take in my life, whether for my health, for my family, or in my spiritual growth, if I wasn't committed to enjoying the process, it was not going to work out.  For many years I really struggled with this. I thought if I only workout this much or if I only do this one thing my life will be exponentially better.  What I found out is no amount of action will grant me God's grace.  Not a single step on a treadmill will maintain an ideal weight if my head and heart are not in it together. 

You only reach the finish line by step away from the starting line and placing one foot in front of the other over and over again.

In my life, achieving spiritual maturity meant letting go of control and being in the moment.

The artist paints because he revels in the act of making art.  The runner meditates to the rhythm of her steps.  The leader pushes forward because another vision lays on the other side of his current goal.

We too must overcome the results so we can find passion in the process.  If the process to reach your goal isn't what you had in mind or overwhelms you, use creativity and imagination to identify an alternative route to your goal.  You will love it longer, reach greater, and live better if you have passion in the process! Running might not be "your thing", do you love to dance?  Reading the Bible is a path to gaining spiritual prowess, however it isn't the ONLY way to get to Heaven.

None of us know how long we will be on our journey, we should find ways to enjoy the process of living.  What is your passion?  What could you spend a multitude of days doing? 

No comments: