The unapologetic, raw, unedited interpretation of living life. Each of us is the artist of our own life, constantly remolding, reworking, and roughing out the details and applying what we've learned to the changing canvas. There are no do-overs, no take backs...just rough cuts that release what lies inside us.

I saw the angel in stone and I carved until I set him free. - Michelangelo

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Unpacking the Tool Box - 3


 

The artist must always carry with him the tools he needs to create at a moment's notice.  The most important ones being himself and a limitless imagination, without the mind and the creativity to pull from it, the artist has no use of extravagant colors, brushes, or canvas.  The artist, and all of us pursuant of a dream, are simply limited by our ability to first imagine it.  Your ability to dream, to create a lofty idea is unique to you, the rest: the implementation, the tasks, the day to day can be shared with others, but the dream, the essence of a soul manifested into something tangible, that place is where the impossible becomes reality.
My words by no means encompass the magnificence of the imagination, so I turn it over to the words of those who have trudged this road before me and carved new paths toward the unthinkable...and changed a world!

I am in no sense of the word a great artist, not even a great animator; I have always had men working for me whose skills were greater than my own. I am an idea man. —Walt Disney
Our imagination is the only limit to what we can hope to have in the future.
Charles Kettering 
I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination.  —Walt Disney
Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.  - C.S. Lewis
There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.  -Ronald Reagan

This world is but a canvas to our imagination. - Henry David Thoreau

Imagination rules the world. - Napoleon Bonaparte 
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.  - Albert Einstein


What people keep you motivated, what inspires you to pursue the impossible?  Leave one of your favorite quotes!
  

No comments: