The unapologetic, raw, unedited interpretation of living life. Each of us is the artist of our own life, constantly remolding, reworking, and roughing out the details and applying what we've learned to the changing canvas. There are no do-overs, no take backs...just rough cuts that release what lies inside us.

I saw the angel in stone and I carved until I set him free. - Michelangelo

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Light Your Inner Fire: Passion and Purpose

I have always felt that it is essential in life to find your passion. In order to embrace all that life has to offer and to keep us from becoming complacent, we must seek that for which we were created. Seeking that unique skill, talent, or purpose and not allowing it to sit idle brings forth that energy from within your heart to do and be more than you can ever thought possible.

My mother was a passionate person. She found that special calling and lived it; no matter where we lived, no matter what community or small group would benefit, she knew her purpose. Her passion helped her to live and live well. At the end of my life, I hope that I will be able to look back on a life full of moments when I can say I truly was living, not just breathing, not just taking up a space, but truly embracing, feeling, and being engulfed in life. Being truly present in those moments, whether they are the happiest times, the saddest or somewhere in between. All of those moments make the heart stronger and for those moments when we reach complete joy, I hope that those moments are so vivid that they cast out light to all the dark places in hardened hearts and remain with the others when the delicate breath of the angels blows over my small candle.



Find your passion, the fire that burns in you to reach toward higher ground and drives you to achieve that which you would never before thought possible.

No comments: